Wednesday, August 25, 2010

I blame....

Okay, so I've been getting a lot of slack on why I have been absent lately and there is only one logical person to blame in this situation....Parker.

*a little backstory. My business partner, Summer, gave birth to her first baby last Wednesday. She is a beautiful little girl. So innocent. So sweet. So perfect. Her name is Parker.*

As of last Tuesday, contractions started to take place and therefore "Operation Parker" took hold and the rest of the instructors went to work like busy little bees. We were making phone calls, sending texts, double checking schedules to make sure that all of our ducks were in a row where client-coverage was concerned and the LAST thing that I was thinking of was my blog. When Summer and I opened up our studio, we split all of the responsibilites right down the middle. I never really questioned the things that she was in charge of and visa versa. Let me just say that as embarrassed as I am to admit this, I think I kind of took Summer for granted. Holy Jeez is it tough stuff running a biz solo. I am so thankful to have someone to share in not only the more challenging vices that come along with owning and successfully running a Pilates studio, but celebrating in the successes as well. I heart Summer. I wouldn't do this with anyone else. I digress. Since last Wednesday, I have been on a mission. No spare time. It's work...gym....dogs....DZ....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz's. That's it. Period. So as much as I am so excited to have Parker now a physical part of our lives (we've been talking to her in utero for what feels like years), I am totally blaming her for not having the time to talk to my blog peeps.

Now I realize that I might've just hit a new low. I mean, blaming a 6-day old little baby girl for not being able to blog? Really, Katie?!? Hey, a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do! ha!

So, what's happened since we last chatted? Let's see......

DZ and I went to go see "The Switch" with Jennifer Anniston and Jason Bateman. Nothing says "romantic date night" like a movie about artifical insemmination (sp?). haha. It was cute, but totally predicitable which I love. The thing I hate the most is when a movie throws a curveball atcha right when things are going just as planned. Grrr. Fortunately, this movie went just as I hoped it would. I left happy. We then took dinner over to Summer and Brian's to congratulate and "oooh" and "aaaah" over baby Parker. She is presh. More than that, though, I was so PROUD watching Summer. She has taken to mommyhood as if she were born for this role. I hope that I am like Summer when I grow up....she is true, genuine, nurturing and glows with that "baby love". :) I am so happy for them.

As much as I was hoping for the incessant rain to come to a hault so that DZ and I could continue our Beach Sunday traidion, that did not happen. Outlet malls, anyone?!? Yup...did that. Along with every. one. else. I guess we didn't take in to consideration that school started up this week so all the kiddos were shopping for new shoes, shorts of the appropriate length and the trendiest of tops. It was kind of nostalgic to watch the junior high girls giggle over the cute boys that would walk by. Oh how I remember those days. Oh wait, I still giggle when a cute boys walks by, what am I talking about!! I guess some things never change!!

So this week has been a blur and I cannot believe it's only Wednesday. I feel like its groundhog's day. Looking forward to this weekend as we are going to hang out with Any and Gina. They have a sitter for the twins and as much as I love hanging out with the boys, it will be a real treat for it just to be the four of us. I am most certain that some serious storytelling will take up most of the evening.

That's all I got. My brain is mush and my boys are giving me the "evil eye". I have not spent more than two seconds with them this week and they are laying the guilt trip on me bigtime. I'm a sucker for those big, sad, droopy eyes. Time for some puppy lovin'.

Carpe Diem!
xoxo



No comments:

Post a Comment