Monday, July 19, 2010

One day closer to the weekend...

Knowing that we are one day closer to the weekend is something worth celebrating. Not that I am wishing my life away, but I adore my weekends: no particular obligations, hanging with DZ, and of course....the beach!! When we moved to The Sunshine State over five years ago (cannot believe it's been that long!), we vowed that we would NOT take living so close to the ocean/beach for granted. And we have stayed true to our word!!

Had a great run today -- 4 miles on an incline. Whew! Pushed myself hard. Was shweaty and exhausted when I walked out of the gym. I am in love with that feeling.

Went back to work this afternoon for back to back to back to back to back clients (haha). Dinner was deeeeeeeeeelish. I quickly threw together some sauteed veggies with Annie's Goddess Dressing and some quinoa. Mmmm. Quinoa is a blank canvas and goes with just about anything. Try it...I dare you not to like it! ;) ...and dessert. Oh how I love sweets. I had a tbsp of almond butter with a cold glass of almond milk. Perfection!! (ps. I am going to start taking pics of my food on a daily basis. I think its fun and might give you some ideas that you could incorporate in your life!)

I was just speaking with my mom tonight about how we both seem to struggle with our lack of self-control where sweets are concerned. I really feel as though it is an addiction and must be treated as one. I have fought and fought to find the balance of having sweets in "moderation". Not something that I am particulary strong at. I am an all-or-nothing type of gal...it's how I live every aspect of my life.

Question for today: What is something that you struggle with on a daily basis? How do you find the strength to get through your "addiction"?

Carpe Diem!
Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment