Saturday, July 24, 2010

Saturday....*sigh*

*enter "hallelujah" music*
Saturday is upon us! I am finished with work and now have a day and a half of NOTHING pressing to do! Love!
Yesterday was lovely. It was nice and gloomy outside because of Bonnie (the tropical storm) and Ziggy was at Camp Bow Wow which meant that home was nice and QUIET!! DZ and I had our "date night" last night including a jaunt through Barnes & Noble (I'm secretly having an affair with this place...shhhh!). I wanted to get a new cookbook that I had been eyeing, Ani's Raw Food Kitchen, and a chick-flick book, Firefly Lane, that came highly recommended to me by one of my fav clients (shoutout to Paula! whoop whoop!!). :) I love, love, love Barnes & Noble. Or any bookstore for that matter. There's something about the smell when you first walk through the doors that literally gives me an endorphine rush. I could spend hours in there. Just walking through the aisles, reading different titles and watching what other people are drawn to really mesmorizes me. Dork, I know! Of course, we cannot really go anywhere without having a few giggles amongst ourselves.
DZ thought that I might need to pick up these books and take some notes:

Really?!?

Although, I thought that this was much more my style!! Prettier cover. :)

We decided that we were both in the mood for "Mexican" so we went to this restaurant that has the best guacamole in the world. Literally, I wish that I could get it pumped into my veins....THAT good. Since it was still early, we thought we might go home and watch a movie, but since we're both pretty old at heart, we crashed by 10pm. Who are we kidding?!? We're old married folk....we don't stay up late anymore. haha.

I worked this morning and am now hanging out with DZ at his work. Our plan of attack for today is to go to the gym together -- always an adventure. Take the boys for a walk and then rent a movie. Any suggestions?

I'm hoping to get another post in today, but no promises! Haven't really been focused on food too much today, although I am hoping to try a recipe or two tonight from my new cookbook. I'll definitely take pics of the disasters that are sure to come. :)

Happy weekend, everyone!

Carpe Diem!!




No comments:

Post a Comment