Saturday, August 14, 2010

a flower a day.....

or is it an apple a day?? Po-tay-toe....Po-tah-toe.

I love flowers. They make me happy. Like, REALLY happy. I love all kind of flowers. I love that they come in all shapes, sizes and colors....all equally beautiful....all equally ALIVE!

A while back I decided that each week I would buy a fresh bouquet of flowers from the little market across the street from my studio to put in our house. There's something about coming home to a fragrant, gorgeous arrangement smiling back at me. Yes, I believe flowers can (and do) smile!

My most favorite flower of ALL time would have to be a hot pink gerber daisy. Fugeddaboutit. I die. (any Friends or Rachel Zoe fans out there?? Holla!).
And to be sent flowers from someone.....you have my heart forever. (hint hint).

Since we do live in the Sunshine State and have the perfect climate for growing beautiful buds all year round, DZ and I take pride in our assortment.

Enjoy!


























Okay, so it's a mushroom, but it's in the shape of a flower. Cute, huh? (Nevermind the fact that DZ and I are officially growing 'shrooms in our backyard. Darn rain!)













































































I found this the week that we bought our house & I was SO proud. I mean, how fitting?!? We call him "Tiny Tucker" (it was a pre-Ziggy purchase. Sorry Little Boy!) and he is a bobblehead Harlequin Great Dane. Welcome Home!! :)



















DZ and I are headed to a comedy club tonight with some friends....a guaranteed great time. I think I might've even wet myself a little last time we went. Uh oh, TMI? hehe.
Tomorrow is Sunday, which means one thing and one thing only......BEACH!! I think we might head down to Anna Maria. Haven't soaked our toes in those waters in a while. Hope everyone has a fabulous and safe weekend.
Carpe Diem!
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment