Monday, August 9, 2010

Playing Ketchup (er, Catch Up!)

Happy Monday to all.

So today was a pretty low-key kind of day. I started out with a few clients and then went to my acupuncturist....she is such a blessing in my life. We have a "protocol" that we are starting and I am exciting to see where it takes me. We also agreed to start a detox-type diet consisting of clean, clean, CLEAN eating. I've been doing well anyway since the first of the month....as I mentioned, my 10-year reunion is rapidly approaching and seeing as how I was deemed "Most Likely To Succeed", I do NOT want to disappoint when I return home. It's been about 9 days of me being super in tuned to what is going into my body and I must say, I am feeling better and better with each clean meal. Now that I am detoxing....I have to cut out all processed foods. I'm sticking with the basics. Fruits, veggies, beans, legumes, DONE!

My mom and little cousin were in town all last week. SO. MUCH. FUN!! Nai'a is six and is truly the FUNNIEST person I know. Ever! It was a week jam-packed with crazy fun-ness (is that a word?!?) and therefore my trash tv had to wait. Until today, that is. I have never watched so much juicy drama in one day before. From The Real Housewives of NJ to The Rachel Zoe Project to The T.O. Show (haha....this one might be my FAV!), it was an afternoon of train-wreck goodness.

I ran out of my protein powder this weekend so my breakfast consisted of overnight oats. Wish I could take credit for this bad boy, but I totally stole it.

*1/2 cup of rolled oats.
*2 tbsp of chia seeds.
*1 cup of water
stir all these ingredients together and let them sit in the fridge overnight. In the morning, add the following:
*cinnamon
*almond butter
*protein powder
ENJOY!!





Lunch was a protein shake (yay for getting more protein powder today) with lots of snackage on veggie chips with hummus, cottage cheese (HAVE to stop this pronto!!) and blueberries. Sorry, no photos. Too busy shoveling food.
Since I didn't have to go back to work tonight, I played housewife and cooked dinner for DZ and myself.
I had a bowl full of sauteed goodess: carrots, broccoli, cauliflower, onions, tofu, sun-dried tomatoes and dried edamame topped with Annie's Goddess Dressing and Nooch. Mmmmm!!













DZ had some marinated pork chops, baked potatoe and corn on the cob. With a side of Tucker....never more than an arm's length away.


Where's Ziggy you ask??

Passed out. It was a CBW (camp bow wow) Monday. He is dunzo!

Hope ya'll have a great night. I'm gonna watch some Rays ball then crash.

Some things that my bad a** acupuncturist and I talked about today. My name is Katie and I am a perfectionist!! I am trying to define what "perfect" means to me. What does it mean to YOU?? What is something that you are striving to work on?
Carpe Diem! xo


























No comments:

Post a Comment